Cigarettes in Madagascar, 2020
Cigarettes in Madagascar, 2020 is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Madagascar. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Madagascar is a small but growing market for cigarettes. Low personal disposable incomes remain the major barrier to growth, with 50% of the population living below the poverty line. Following on from democratic and economic reforms in the late 1980s, cigarette sales nevertheless expanded to reach 3,900 million pieces in 2019, which is almost double the 1990 level. However, when set against the country’s fast-growing population, per capita consumption fell to 148 pieces in 2019, or 12.9% below its level in 1990.
– Filter cigarettes account for a growing share of sales, standing at 90% in 2018. While the share of these cigarettes continues to increase, the shift away from plain brands is happening at a slow pace.
– This research estimates that 16.8% of adult males were smokers in 2019, compared with 2% of women. This compares with figures of 18% and 1.4%, respectively, in 1990. Based on these figures, the total adult smoking population was estimated at 1.36 million in 2019
– Mauritius (two million pieces) was the biggest supplier of Mdagascar followed by the UAE (1.5 million pieces).
Reasons to Buy
– Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
– The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
– This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes – prime intelligence for marketers.
– Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Philip Morris International
Japan Tobacco International
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/643371