Crohn’s Disease – Epidemiology Forecast to 2029
Crohn’s disease (CD) is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) characterized by chronic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. It most commonly affects the end of the small intestine (the ileum) where it joins the beginning of the colon. Crohn’s disease may appear in “patches,” affecting some areas of the gastrointestinal tract while leaving other sections completely untouched. (Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, 2014). Men and women can both be affected and the disease can occur at any age, but CD is more prevalent among women and in the young age population. Diet and stress may aggravate CD, but do not cause the disease. (Crohn’s and Colitis UK, 2018; Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, 2020a).
Epidemiologists utilized historical data obtained from peer-reviewed articles and population-based studies to build the forecast for the diagnosed incident cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of CD in the 8MM. Epidemiologists applied the incidence and prevalence of CD drawn from the above sources to each country’s population to calculate the number of estimated diagnosed incident cases and diagnosed prevalent cases for CD.
The following data describes the epidemiology of CD. In the 8MM, Epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of CD from 90,318 cases in 2019 to 95,574 cases in 2029, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.58%. In the 8MM, the diagnosed prevalent cases of CD are expected to increase from 1,339,543 cases in 2019 to 1,629,940 cases in 2029, at an AGR of 2.17%. In 2029, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of CD in the 8MM, with 827,859 diagnosed prevalent cases, and whereas Japan will have the fewest diagnosed prevalent cases with 48,560 cases.
– The Crohn’s Disease Epidemiology Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of Crohn’s Disease (CD) in the eight major markets (8MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Canada).
– The report includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the diagnosed incident cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of CD. The diagnosed incident cases of CD are segmented by age and sex.
– The diagnosed prevalent cases of CD are segmented by age, sex, and severity (mild to moderate, moderate to severe, and severe to fulminant). The diagnosed prevalent cases of CD are further segmented by fistulizing CD based on the severity (mild to moderate, moderate to severe, and severe to fulminant).
– The CD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The Epidemiology Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to Buy
The CD Epidemiology series will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CD markets.
– Quantify patient populations in the global CD markets to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for CD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand magnitude of CD population by its severity.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/643596