Employee Benefits in Puerto Rico 2020
In 1952, Puerto Rico was granted the status of Commonwealth of United States after its constitution was ratified by the electorate. The Employees Retirement System (ERS) and Teachers Retirement System (TRS) are the major governing bodies of social security. The existing retirement system was introduced in 1951 as a defined benefit plan, but over the years evolved into a hybrid plan. The systems now provide coverage for retirement, disability and death.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Puerto Rico, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Puerto Rico, detailed information about the private benefits in Puerto Rico, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Puerto Rico.
– The ERS and TRS are responsible for the functioning of the overall social security system.
– Private benefits are employee benefits which are not mandated by the law but are provided by the employer to increase employees’ motivation to work.
– In Puerto Rico, employers provide voluntary retirement plans in accordance with the Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
– Qualified pension, stock bonus and profit-sharing plans are the three voluntary retirement plans that are provided in the country under both DB and DC schemes.
This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Puerto Rico –
– It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
– It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen’s compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
– It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Puerto Rico
Reasons to Buy
– Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Puerto Rico.
– Assess Puerto Rico’s employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
– Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Puerto Rico.
– Gain insights into key organizations governing Puerto Rico’s employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
For queries regarding this report: https://www.researchbymarkets.com/sample-request/643345