PUNE, India, September 05, 2018 /ResearchByMarkets/— Menopausal Disorders Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018
This report provides an overview of the pipeline landscape for menopausal disorders. It provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for postmenopausal osteoporosis, vaginal atrophy and vasomotor symptoms of menopause, and features dormant and discontinued products.
Postmenopausal osteoporosis is the most common form of osteoporosis. It affects many women after menopause. Symptoms include back pain, loss of height, or spinal deformities such as stooped posture. Risk factors include age, gender, family history, bone structure and body weight. There are 20 products in development for this indication.
Vaginal atrophy is thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls due to the body having less estrogen. Signs and symptoms include vaginal dryness, vaginal discharge, genital itching, burning with urination, and urgency with urination, urinary tract infections and urinary incontinence.
Risk factor includes smoking. Smoking impairs blood circulation, depriving the vagina and other tissues of oxygen. Tissue thinning occurs where blood flow is decreased or restricted. There are five products in development for this indication.
Vasomotor symptoms of menopause include hot flashes or night sweats that result from sudden opening of the blood vessels close to the skin, usually due to hormonal fluctuations in menopause and perimenopause. These symptoms are caused due to some medications, estrogen withdrawal, thyroid disease, diabetes, hyperhidrosis, anxiety and panic disorders, obesity, hormonally active tumors, chronic infections and neurological disorders. There are 12 products in development for this indication.
Molecular targets acted on by products in development for menopausal disorders include tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 11, parathyroid hormone receptor and progesterone receptor. Companies operating in this pipeline space include Amgen, TherapeuticsMD and Ipsen.
REQUEST A SAMPLE REPORT:
– Which companies are the most active within each pipeline?
– Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
– To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
– What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in this disease area?
Reasons to buy
– Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
– Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
– Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline and the products being fielded by each of these
– Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
Enteris BioPharma Inc
GL Pharm Tech Corp
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc
Luye Pharma Group Ltd
Mithra Pharmaceuticals SA
Paras Biopharmaceuticals Finland Oy
Pherin Pharmaceuticals Inc
Uni-Bio Science Group Ltd
BUY THIS REPORT, AVAILABLE IN PDF FORMAT:
Get in touch with us:
Ritesh Tiwari, Director